Monday, August 18, 2008

McKenzie's First Talk

McKenzie started sunbeams this year and as part of being in primary, you have to give talks. Well with her first attempt a few months ago, she was too scared and just stood there. She absolutely would not say a thing. She got another opportunity to give a talk, yesterday, on the 12th article of faith. We had 2 weeks to work on it and again she didn't want to do it. I told her that if she would give her talk then she could have a treat when we got home from church. She got very excited and started practicing her talk with me. I was so excited!

Then we got in primary and she was supposed to sit up front and she didn't want to. I thought, "Oh great, I'm going to have to give the talk." I reminded her about her treat and her face lit up and she got very excited and sat down in front. When it was time to give her talk, she did it!! I am so proud of her. I know that it was scary for her, but she did it! So when we got home from church, she got a pudding pie.

No comments: