Saturday, August 9, 2008

municipal Park and the Natatorium

On Wednesday, August 6th, we went to the Meridian 8th Ward annual party at municipal Park and then the Natatorium. The food was great and it was really nice to see everyone from my parents ward again. Owen, McKenzie, Jaime, Richie, Hunter, Wendy and Jennifer all played at the park and had a great time. Hunter and Richie were laughing and running around. McKenzie goes to the parks to make new friends and Owen was growling with Matt when he would peek around the corners on the toys. Everyone was having a great time.

Matt went to move our car. There was a St. Luke's thing going on at the same time, so there was no parking. We had to park on Holly Street, which is a long walk with 2 little kids. While Matt was gone, Owen went over by the sand pits and was walking along the cement edge. I was sitting on the other side of the park and thought that maybe I should have him come closer, so I could watch him more closely. Plus I would have to waddle over there if there was an issue or something. So I yelled to Owen to come back and he just smiled and waved at me. I called to him again and again he waved. So I decided that I'd better get off my butt and go get him. I went over to the sand pit and he was gone. I searched the playground to see if I could see him, but I didn't see Owen at all. I started to freak out! I frantically looked and finally spotted him by a nearby tree. He found 2 guys playing bocce ball and joined them. I called to him and Owen told me, "I playing balls!" Then he would pick up another ball and throw it. The guys were just laughing and told me that he should finish playing, because he was really good at bocce ball. So I let him finish and then told Owen to tell the guys thank you. He said, "Thank you" and then gave the guys high five. It was really cute, but scary all at the same time. I'm so glad that the guys were really nice. They really got a kick out of Owen.

Then we went to the Natatorium to go swimming. Since I am due in 3 months, I didn't swim, but all the kids, Matt and my parents, all played in the water. Matt took Owen down the water slide and Owen LOVED it. He went down 3 times. Jaime, went down the water slide all by herself for the first time. Way to go Jaime! Richie and McKenzie were in the Big pool for a little bit with Scott and Janel and then later ended up in the kiddie pool. Richie had a blast, but McKenzie cried the whole time because it was too cold. In the kiddie pool, McKenzie had so much fun. She did her own thing playing in the water. Richie and my Dad were playing together and Richie was laughing so hard. After Matt and Owen went down the water slide, they joined McKenzie and all the little kids in the kiddie pool. Owen did NOT want to go into the water at first and was really cold, so I held him for awhile wrapped in a towel so he could keep warm. He was shaking really bad, because he was so cold. Once he was warmed up he jumped back into the water.

I was really bummed because I wanted to bring my camera to capture all the fun that we had, but of course, we had some camera issues. Just so that you could see who I am talking about, I included pics of everyone.




Here is Owen





This is my Nephew Hunter. He is Kristi and Tyler's little guy.





Here's Hunter with his little brother Jarom.





This is my Sister Wendy. This was taken at DeMeyer park.





This is my Sister Jennifer. This picture was taken at DeMeyer Park





This is my Sister Jaime. This was taken at DeMeyer Park.





Here are my sister's Angela, Jennifer, Wendy and Jaime.





Here is my brother Richie. Richie and I are almost exactly 24 years apart.





Here is my Dad.





Here is my Mom.





This is me just before I became pregnant.





Here is my sister Kristi and her husband Tyler.





This is Matt





Here is my brother Scott and his wife Janel.





Here is McKenzie.



***My brother Jason was unable to attend, because he is currently serving a mission in Chile. He will be returning home September 23, 2008!***

4 comments:

These Four Walls said...

How fun! I'm glad you found our blog! It is addicting and fun, it's so fun to see what people are doing.

Courtney said...

Hey i got your blog off facebook!! i am obsessed with ours so you can see what were up to whenever!! i love the pictures. Your kids are so cute!!

Aaron and Lindsey said...

Kelly! You have a blog! Here's mine... anlharoldsen.blogspot.com

Dude, your littlest brother is a new addition to your family that I didn't know existed. Your family has gotten so old!!! All your sisters are so big!

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures of your family! I can't believe your brother gets home from his mission so soon! Kyle just came home, it's so much fun! Good luck and congrats!