Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Friends with Special Skills

So recently I have been finding out that my friends have some awesome skills that I had no idea that they knew how to do. My Sister in law Lindsay has been helping paint wooden nursery letters for over a year and is really very good at it. She has painted letters to match hundreds of different bedding sets and room themes. I also have been doing this, but because of my pregnancy, I have taken a break to spend more time with my family. Here are some samples that Lindsay has done:























My friend Kalei has started a hairbow business. I am so excited, because I have a VERY girly daughter and another girl on the way. These hairbows are so cute and you can pick your own ribbon colors. I am going to be ordering a bunch for McKenzie and the new baby. I just have to pick the ribbon colors and I'm still deciding on what styles I want. Here is her Blog for her hairbows. They are SUPER cute!! http://kahanashairbows.blogspot.com/

My Friend Lindsey has her own business. Check it out at www.hprocessing.com. She can help you with financing your new home. As soon as we are able to purchase a new home, we will be using her.

My Friend Michelle is really creative and has lots of great ideas on how to save money, especially on groceries. She finds lots of good deals at yard sales and from other money saving blogs. Check it out at http://www.savingsomegreen.blogspot.com/

My Sister in law Robin LOVES to take pictures and is considering starting her own business doing that. She has taken lots of really good pictures of her sisters for their senior pictures and she used to work at the JCPenny portrait studio. My Mom is considering using her to take our family pictures when my brother gets home from his mission. My Family has grown so much in the last 2 years!

My friend Kamille and her husband have painted picture frames for their nieces and they're really talented. I didn't include any pictures because I haven't asked permission.

My friend Trisha made about 6 wedding cakes over the last 6 years and LOVES to decorate cakes. In high School, she used to work at Baskin Robbins and decorated ice cream cakes and now she does her own. I had no idea! The cakes that I have seen have turned out VERY nice.

My friend Rory redecorated her bedroom and it turned out SO GOOD!!! She said, "A little bit of spray paint and a cheap bedding set from Target and voila!"

I am really excited about finding out all this cool stuff that my friends can do!

3 comments:

These Four Walls said...

Thanks for sharing - and posting a link to my blog! I am really trying to get it out there.

Thanks again!
Michelle

Courtney said...

i loved this post!! i had no idea you painted those name signs. they are SO cute!! painting is not my strong point!! this is so cool all your friends can do all this useful stuff. ha ha i love it!! I looked at the hair bow thing and the saving some green thing!! i just want kids now so i can have a reason to have a sweet name sign and cute bows ha ha

Kahana said...

You guys are soo talented!! Both of you have super cute wood names. I love it! Im checking out that saving some green site right now! Awesome site!! Thanks for posting my bow site!! :) That was so nice of you!