Sunday, September 28, 2008

September 28th

So today is my birthday. That's right, I'm now another year older. We had so much going on today, I'm very exhausted. First, It was Jason's homecoming. He gave a wonderful talk and the spirit was so strong. I can't believe how much my little brother has grown up in just 2 years. Angela was able to attend, but she had to be careful, so my Dad brought her in just before church started and then left right after church. Everyone wanted to say, "hi" to her, but she had to get back to the hospital.

After attending my parents sacrament meeting, we had to go to our ward, because it was the primary program. Since I teach the CTR 5 class and McKenzie is a sunbeam, we decided to go. McKenzie sang almost all the songs and was having a great time. When it was time for her to give her part, she got scared and didn't do it. We are so proud of her, even though she didn't do her part, she still sang her heart out and had a great time. Maybe next year she'll be able to do her part. Matt's brother Mike and his family attended to support McKenzie. She was so happy that they came to see her. It meant a lot to her.

We came home after sacrament meeting, because the kids were exhausted from being at church for so long. Owen had been fighting with Matt during most of our sacrament meeting. It's hard for the little ones to be still for so long. Since we attend sacrament meeting twice and our sacrament meeting went way over, it was just too much for him. We had dinner and then took naps.

After our naps we went to my parent's house to celebrate My Dad's and my birthday. My Dad's birthday is on the 27th. We opened gifts and had cake and ice cream. My grandma and grandpa Samuelson and Hudson, My aunt Kim and Diana, my cousin Brittany and all my siblings (expect Angela) and their families were there for the celebration. Then me and my siblings and their families all went to the hospital to see Angela and to draw names for Christmas. Since Scott and Janel live in Rexburg, we decided to do it now, while everyone was together.

It was so nice to see Angela again. It had been over a week. She was able to get over her infection and was able to accomplish the tasks that her therapists have given her. My parents took her out to taco bell yesterday and the day before, she went grocery shopping. Her therapists want to make sure that she will be as independent as she was before the accident, before she can go home. She is still on track to be coming home on Friday. Everyone, especially Angela, are so excited.


Owen is holding my Dad's birthday card that him and McKenzie helped color


My Dad opening presents


Everyone at the birthday celebration


The rest of Everyone


Owen


My sister Wendy


My sisters Jaime and Wendy

3 comments:

These Four Walls said...

Happy Birthday! I forgot that you and Audrey have the same birthday!

Kahana said...

Happy Birthday!!! Thats so great your sister was able to go out of the hospital for church. We had our primary program yesterday as well. Its a way different experience sitting up there then down in the pews.

Us said...

Happy Birthday! I don't know how to email you from your blog, so I'm commenting instead :)

The pottery place is by the real theater in Nampa on the Caldwell Blvd, by Shopko. I want to go again on the 18th of Oct because they are having a PJ party and if you wear PJ's you get your studio fee free. It normally costs $7.00 per person for a studio fee and then the cost of the ceramic. If you guys want to go, we should make it a group date; that would be fun :) Here is their website http://fireandice.dnsalias.net:8080/