Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day

On Christmas, McKenzie woke up at 12:45 AM and she stood grinning from ear to ear in our doorway. Matt was watching a movie and he heard something so he looks over and sees her. Then McKenzie says in an excited voice, "I got up to go to the bathroom and I looked at the Christmas tree lights and I saw PRESENTS!!!! Santa came!" Matt took her over to the tree and looked at everything. When they were done he told her to go to bed and that we would open presents in the morning.

At 6:00 in the morning I heard McKenzie up and about. When noticed that I was awake she starts telling me about everything that is in all the stockings and then says, "And there's LOTS of presents!!" So I get up with her and check everything out. Then she starts saying, "Oh thank you Santa! Thank you so much for all the presents for me and my family!" She was really excited not just for her presents that she got, but that everyone got something. It was really cute.

Matt's family all came over for a Turkey Lunch/dinner. We all talked and had a good time together. McKenzie, Owen and Lindsay all played with the play doh that they got. It was really fun.

Later, we went to my parent's house to hang out and open a few gifts. Matt played guess who with my sisters for awhile and I played settlers of Catan. We didn't stay too long, because we were exhausted. Still it was fun. Scott was with Janel's family for Christmas this year, but they are planning on coming to visit the middle of January.

Owen felt better for Christmas, but today McKenzie is sick. I'm not sure why we keep getting sick. I have cleaned and disinfected our house several times and we don't get out too much except to go to the store and to visit family. Hopefully this is the last time!

We hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas!







1 comment:

April Mitchell said...

Merry Christmas! Sounds like you guys had a magical Christmas. I'm sorry you keep getting sick, it is just that time of year, we have been catching more illness this year too for some reason.