Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Kenzie is growing up!

McKenzie will be starting kindergarten next year in the fall. I just started working with her on reading to get her prepared. She has learned a few simple words like "dog" and "bed" plus she is learning how to sound out the words. She also has started writing letters. The other day, we were coloring on our whiteboard and she said, "I can draw an H." And she did. I've tried working on her writing, but I admit I haven't worked with her too much on it. Another thing that I've noticed is that she isn't scribbling as much when she colors. Her pictures now actually look like what she is intending them to look like. In primary, she colored a flower for the Bishop and she also colored a picture of herself. It just seems like she is learning new things over night! It's really exciting

She also is a little mommy for Zoey and Owen. She helps Owen get drinks, makes him toast and gets him some ketchup for his hash browns. When Zoey has a hard burp that I can't get out of her, McKenzie almost always can get it out! She sometimes feeds her and LOVES to pick out an outfit for her to wear. She is very sweet and is a very good big sister.



1 comment:

April Mitchell said...

Wow! I love her drawings those were SO cute!! Have you been on www.starfall.com? That is Kalbe's favorite website. It pratically taught him to read.