Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Get to Know you

I got tagged by Kalei!

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire post and paste into a new post that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......'Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper whenever possible.

2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial. Matt is allergic to something in the fresh cut trees.

3. When do you put up the tree? If it was up to Matt, the tree would have been up the beginning of November. We put ours up on Monday December 1st this year.

4. When do you take the tree down? A few days after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope. Although, Matt LOVES it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I always loved getting presents. I remember getting polly pockets and me and my sisters played with those a lot.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No but I hope to get one someday.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Matt and the In laws.

9. Easiest person to buy for? The kids. They love anything and everything that people give them. Example, my brother in law gave them salt and pepper shakers and they love to play with them. We're really luckily.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? We haven't done Christmas cards yet. Mostly because we are lazy and we don't have addresses.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Um...I can't think of anything.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf. Matt likes A Christmas Story.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever. Last year we waited until December 23rd and did all of our shopping at once. I have started much earlier before and spent WAY too much. Because we waited, we saved a lot of money last year.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey. Oh, and candy and cookies and homemade bread and anything else I can get my hands on. I love food.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree ? I like the clear lights, but this year McKenzie wanted the colored lights, so that's what we did.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I love Christmas music. I don't have a favorite.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home. Both sides of the family live here. Plus I don't think that I could handle traveling in the snow.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Eve we get together with Matt's family for Christmas and open gifts from and for them. On Christmas we open gifts from Santa and my side of the family gifts.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? traffic and how greedy people can be.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have a mixture of all colors and themes. We have Star Wars, SpongeBob, Precious Moment, & M&M character ones and then we have some nice glass colored ones. Probably one day it will all be character themed, because the kids will more than likely break the nice ones.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey with the works. Yum, I'm getting hungry!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A Honda Pilot. Or even just a second car would be nice.

I tag Michelle, April and Nancy

2 comments:

Kahana said...

yay you did it!! :D

Camey said...

Are you getting a Honda Pilot? I used to want one of those. Now I think a van would do. My x-terra is kind of like a Honda and they are too small for lots of kids.