Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Zoey Mei is Here!

I had been wanting to have Zoey for a long time! I Love the babies, but absolutely HATE being pregnant. At my last appt, the Dr said that I was 3cm and 75% effaced. Later that day I walked with the kids to the park.

On Wednesday, we walked around at the mall for about an hour and a half. Then I went and played volleyball.

On Thursday, I mowed our backyard and again we went for a walk to the park.

On Friday and Saturday, my body was so tired, so I took a break and laid around all day.

On Sunday we walked to church and then went on a short walk around the neighborhood.

Monday morning, I woke up at 6 AM with strong contractions. I could still walk and talk through them, so I had Matt go to work. All day I was having contractions. I called my sister to talk to her and she told me that she was coming over to take me to the hospital. I didn't want to go yet, because I was sure the nurses would send me home, but I went anyway. We dropped off McKenzie and Owen at my parent's house and went to the hospital.

The nurses monitored my contractions and checked to see if I had progressed from my last appt. I had progressed to 4 cm, but my contractions weren't strong enough to go into labor. They told me to walk around and then the DR would check me after I had walked around. After 20 minutes of walking, I felt my contractions getting stronger and when the DR checked me I had progressed to 5 cm! I was admitted to the hospital. At 6 or 6:30 PM the DR broke my water and at 10:09 PM Zoey was born. Zoey was born October 20, 2008. She was 8 lbs 1 oz, 21 inches long. She was 2 weeks early.


Here's McKenzie and Owen at the hospital the day after Zoey was born. They were excited to see her for about 2 minutes and then they were off playing with toys.


Here's Zoey after we got home from the hospital.


Here's Zoey at the hospital the day after she was born.

5 comments:

These Four Walls said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous girl! I hope you are feeling well. Congratulations!

Us said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful! She looks a lot like Mckenzie. I'm glad she came early, at 8lbs she would have been a big girl at full term. Giving birth to a 10 lb baby isn't fun...lol

Keely said...

Wow, Kelly....she is beautiful!!! So glad that everything went well and that you didn't have to go any longer than that. I hate being pregnant too....especially right now. I am jealous that you are done and I have a few more days/weeks, you never know. Hopefully the doctor on Tuesday will help me along a little. Last week I was 2 cm and 50% so will see what has changed in a week.

We will have to stop by to see the little princess but will give it a few more days to let you rest. Hope you are doing well....call if you need anything. And, congratulations!!!!!!

Kari West said...

She is beautiful! Congrats! How are you feeling?

April Mitchell said...

Oh Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful. I hope the labor went well and that you and Matt are adjusting to being out numbered.