Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our Trip to the Pediatrician

Today I took Zoey to her 2 week appointment to see her pediatrician. I took Owen with me while McKenzie stayed at home with Matt.

The doctor is on the 4th floor of the 999 building by Saint Alphonsus Hospital, so we went to take the elevator. I asked Owen if he could push the #4 button and he pushed the call if there's an emergency button. I was so embarrassed! There was another couple in the elevator with us and they were laughing. I tried to push the cancel the call button, but it wouldn't work! A voice came on saying something like, "There is an emergency in elevator #1..." As soon as we got to the 4th floor, we hurried out. I talked to the receptionist and she said that nothing happens when the button is pushed and that it would be okay. I felt a little better, but I was freaking out, thinking that by pushing the button, there would be people sent to do an investigation and I would get in some sort of trouble. (Okay, so my mind got a little carried away.)

Once we got into our room, the nurse weighed and measured Zoey. She gained over 1 lb since her last doctor visit exactly a week ago. (She was 7 lbs 7 oz and now is 8 lbs 10 oz) The nurse and doctor were pretty shocked at how much weight she had gained. She also had her PKU done, which she did not like.

When we checked in, the receptionist asked if Owen had gotten the flu shot yet. Since he hadn't, I decided to have him get the flu shot. It turns out that they didn't do a shot, they sprayed it up his nose! I've never seen that before. Owen Did not like that! When the nurse was done, we went and got a sticker for Owen. It was a Thomas the train sticker that said, "I was brave." Owen loves Thomas, so the sticker made him feel better. Luckily, we didn't have an more elevator issues on our way out!

1 comment:

April Mitchell said...

Those buttons are just to tempting. So glad the baby is doing well. I actually like the kids to have the shot better it is quicker, not pain free but faster. It's uncomfortable for them to sniff it up their nose.