Friday, March 20, 2009

Matt's Birthday

Yesterday was kind of a crazy day. I got to watch Richie and it was Matt's birthday. Matt has Thursdays off, so I thought that it would be pretty easy day. Well, Matt had a mandatory meeting at work. It lasted almost 2 hours! Richie was okay, but my kids were off the walls! I was so glad when Matt finally came home. Then I surprised him with a night out, alone, without kids.

First, we went to Cafe Ole for dinner and dessert. While we were there, we saw a couple that looked like our friends Aaron and Nancy. It was so weird! You hear about how everyone has a twin in the world, but we found the perfect twin couple!! Even their mannerisms were similar. We were too far away to get a good picture, plus the lighting was terrible, but here is the best that we could get.


Here is Aaron and Nancy. We don't have a profile shot of them and this picture is a few years old...but if you know them, you would agree!



Here are the look-a-likes.






After dinner, we were going to watch a movie, but we didn't see anything that would thought would be worth watching. So we decided to go to Costco and picked up some chicken and meat while we were in the neighborhood. Then we went to Target for some storage totes that they had on sale and then we picked up the kids. I know, it sounds so romantic! But we hardly EVER get out without kids, so this was really nice. I had a lot of fun! Happy Birthday Matt!

3 comments:

Keely said...

I love all the latest posts. Looks like it was a fun birthday for Matt. Your kids are cute and growing fast. We need to get together again for some play time!!!

Camey said...

We always go out shopping when we don't have to kids because it makes it so easier! So I totally relate! Happy Birthday Matt!

Unknown said...

Keely, We should get together! That would be lots of fun! I'll call you next week.