Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Jealousy?

On Monday, November 3rd, took Matt to work, because we were out of milk and needed diapers. We got home and I fixed the kids some breakfast. I was really tired, so I fell asleep. When I woke up, I hear McKenzie waking down the hall saying something about spilling water. I tell her to go back in the kitchen with the water. She goes in the kitchen and I hear water spilling in the kitchen, so I get up and I see the living room and kitchen absolutely destroyed!

The living room was soaked! McKenzie recently learned to pour milk and juice into cups. Well, I don't think she even tried to pour milk into cups, just on to the carpet. The WHOLE GALLON was GONE! Luckily, the juice wasn't opened, or else that probably would have gotten dumped on the carpet too.

The kitchen was covered in water. McKenzie had filled a pretty large bowl full of water and I guess it was too heavy, or they thought that it would be fun to dump water everywhere.

So I had McKenzie and Owen clean up the spilled water in the kitchen and the toys in the living room. Once all the toys were in the toy room, I locked the door. I sent McKenzie and Owen to their room for naps. Neither one has had a nap in a long time. Then I made sure that they stayed in their room on their bed until it was time to get Matt. McKenzie and Matt read together every night from the Harry Potter books. She was so upset that she didn't get that Dad/daughter time tonight. Matt and I were so upset!

Our fridge has a child proof lock on it. Our kids figured out how to unlock it within 1-2 days. They also learned how to open door with the child proof locks within 2 days. Our kids are just too smart for their own good.

Both McKenzie and Owen are very good about helping with the new baby, but there are times when they do things that they normally wouldn't do. We are trying to do things with the kids to show them that we love them, but they also have to know that they cannot behave inappropriately to get attention. I just hope that this passes soon.

No comments: